Four wonderful years in Utah

/, Birds, Burrowing Owls, Utah/Four wonderful years in Utah

Burrowing Owl juvenileBurrowing Owl juvenile on the Antelope Island causeway

Four years ago today I woke up in Grand Island, Nebraska and drove west to arrive in Salt Lake City with my possessions in a U-Haul trailer. I’d been to Salt Lake before and knew that it would be a wonderful location for a bird photographer to settle down. I’m glad I made the move, Utah has been great for me and for my photography.

Good friends, plenty of birds, four seasons. I couldn’t ask for more after four wonderful years in Utah.

1. Mia McPherson July 29, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Thanks everyone for your comments on this post. I am very glad I moved to Utah.

2. Bryce Robinson July 10, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Glad you made that decision Mia. Utah is the place!

3. Jane Chesebrough July 10, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Always good to know when we have made the right choice. 🙂

4. Merrill Ann Gonzales July 10, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I’m glad you are in a place that can be forever new for you. Your joy shows in each marvelous shot. In addition to the list you gave, evidently you also have the time and access to technology that helps you in your art. So glad you share it all with us!

5. Utahbooklover July 10, 2013 at 10:47 am

I’m glad you made the move too, Mia — Utah is the better, for sure!. I first moved here many years ago and found it to be a welcome change from L.A. However, SLC has become more like L.A. these days, so I’m now in the nice little town of Brigham City, gateway to the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge. I always enjoy your posts and wonderful photography. Thank you and welcome to Utah!

6. Sheila July 10, 2013 at 7:55 am

Mia, congratulations on a life changing choice that turned out to be wonderful for you. You certainly are in a great location for birding! Your photography captures the beauty of the area and the birds so well. Your exceptional talent is reflected in each image!

7. Sherry in MT July 10, 2013 at 7:31 am

It is truly a blessing when it works out that way. Happy anniversary!

8. judy watson July 10, 2013 at 7:14 am

I’m glad you are here. I love to see you photos and an occasional ‘drive-by’. haha

9. Mark Elliott July 10, 2013 at 6:25 am

Being from the southern plains I know what you mean about the seasons. It’s always either hot, dry , and windy or cold, dry, and windy. Love your work.