Golden Eagle Images, Facts and Information:
- Golden Eagles are large bodied and have dark brown plumage and always have a golden sheen to the backs of their heads and necks.
- Golden Eagles can be year round residents in their range but there are also Golden Eagles who are short to medium distance migrants.
- Golden Eagles are found throughout the Northern Hemisphere. They prefer open and semi-open country including canyons, mountains, cliffs, bluffs, escarpments, grasslands, shrublands and sagebrush steppe.
- Golden Eagles eat small to medium sized mammals including, rabbits, hares, ground squirrels, marmots and prairie dogs but they will also take down larger animals and will consume carrion.
- Golden Eagles lay 1 to 3 eggs which hatch in 41 to 45 days. Both sexes incubate and they are monogamous.
- A group of eagles can be called a “jubilee”, “tower” and “soar” of eagles.
- Golden Eagles can live to be more than 31 years old.
I hope you enjoy viewing my Golden Eagle photos.