- Gulls are usually gray or white with black marking on their wings or heads, they have moderately long legs, webbed feet and have harsh calls.
- Gulls are closely related to terns and distantly related to auks and skimmers.
- Gulls often nest in colonies than can number into the hundreds or more.
- Almost all gulls are migratory.
- Gulls take a wide variety of prey. They eat fish, freshwater and marine invertebrates, crustaceans, mollusks, insects, eggs, lizards, reptiles, plant material, worms, birds, carrion and more.
- They obtain their food items by catching it themselves in the air, water or land, stealing from other birds or animals, raiding trash cans and frequenting waste dump sites.
I hope you enjoy viewing my gull photos.