Northern Pygmy-Owl Images, Facts and information:
- Northern Pygmy-Owls are small owls that have brown plumage with small white speckles, yellow eyes and bills and two dark spots on the backs of their heads.
- Northern Pygmy-Owls are non-migratory although they will move down slope to lower elevations in the winter and move up slope in the summer.
- Northern Pygmy-Owls are found in high elevation forests and deciduous forests along streams.
- The diet of Northern Pygmy-Owls includes, songbirds, small mammals, insects and small reptiles. They hunt mostly by day.
- Northern Pygmy-Owls lay 2 to 7 eggs which hatch in 29 days. The female incubates and they are monogamous.
- A group of owls can be called a “glaring”, “parliament”, “stooping” or “wisdom” of owls.
- Northern Pygmy-Owls live to be three years old or more.
I hope you enjoy viewing my Northern Pygmy-Owl photos.