Wilson’s Plover Images and Information:
- Wilson’s Plovers are medium sized shorebirds with long legs, stout bills, short necks, brown backs and one thick black or brown chest band.
- Wilson’s Plover habitat is ocean beaches from the southeast to Texas. Some are year round residents and others migrate.
- The diet of Wilson’s Plovers includes crustaceans, including fiddler crabs, worms and insects.
- Wilson’s Plovers lay 2 to 3 eggs which hatch in 23 to 25 days. Both sexes incubate.
- A group of plovers is called a “ponderance”, “deceit”, “congregation”, “brace” or a “wing” of plovers.
- Wilson’s Plovers can live up to 6 years or more.
Mia McPherson 2015-11-29T15:32:35+00:00
Title: Three Wilson’s Plover chicks near some Sea Purslane
Location: Fort De Soto County Park, Pinellas County, Florida