American Robin Images and Information:
- American Robins are large thrushes with rounded bodies, long legs and long tails. The have gray brown plumage with orange to red chests and dark heads. The females are duller in coloration than the males. Males grow black feathers during the breeding season and once the breeding season is over they lose those feathers.
- American Robins are common birds across North America. They are found in many types of habitat including woodlands, forests, urban and wilderness parks, mountains, tundra, backyards, fields and golf courses.
- Some populations are migratory and some are year round residents depending on the geographic location.
- American Robins eat insects and fruits, earthworms and snails.
- American Robins lay 3 to 7 eggs which hatch in 12 to 14 days, the female incubates. They are monogamous.
- A group of robins can be called a “worm” of robins.
- American Robins can live up to 13 years.
I hope you enjoy viewing my American Robin photos.