Bald Eagle Images, Facts and Information:
- Adult Bald Eagles are large bodied and have white head and tails, dark brown bodies and wings and yellow legs and bills. It takes about 5 years for Bald Eagles to develop their adult plumage.
- Most Bald Eagles are migratory but there are some populations that are year round residents in their range.
- Bald Eagles can be found near bodies of water and will nest in tall trees near the water. They breed from Alaska to Newfoundland and south to the Gulf Coast.
- Bald Eagles feed primarily on fish but they also eat waterfowl, birds, and mammals. They also consume carrion and will steal prey from other birds.
- Bald Eagles lay 1 to 3 eggs which hatch in 34 to 36 days. Both sexes incubate and they are monogamous.
- A group of eagles can be called a “jubilee”, “tower” and “soar” of eagles.
- Bald Eagles can live 40 years in the wild.
I hope you enjoy viewing my Bald Eagle photos.