Bananaquit Images, Facts and Information:
- Bananaquits are small birds with black backs and heads that have white stripes over their eyes, downward curved beaks and yellow on their bellies.
- Bananaquits are nonmigratory that can be found in South and Central America, Mexico, the Caribbean and the Bahamas, occasionally they are found in Florida too.
- The preferred habitat of Bananaquits include tropical lowland forests and scrublands.
- Bananaquits are nectar eaters.
- Bananaquits lay 3 eggs which hatch in 12 to 13 days. The female incubates and they are monogamous.
- Nicknames for Bananaquits include “Sugar Birds”, “chibichibi” and “Chickadee of the Caribbean”.
- A group of Bananaquits is called a “bunch”.
I hope you enjoy viewing my Bananaquit photos.