Brown Pelican Images, Facts and Information:
- Brown Pelicans are large, gray-brown waterbirds with webbed feet and long bills that have pouches.
- Brown Pelicans are migratory though some populations are year round residents. Brown Pelicans are rarely found far from the coast. They are found along the Atlantic, Pacific and Gulf coasts.
- Brown Pelicans are fish eaters but they will also consume crustaceans. They plunge dive for their prey.
- Brown Pelicans lay 2 to 4 eggs which take 28 to 30 days to hatch. Both sexes incubate and they are monogamous, colonial nesters.
- A group of pelicans can be called a “scoop”, “pod”, “pouch” or “squadron” of pelicans.
- Brown Pelicans can live to be 43 years old.
I hope you enjoy viewing my Brown Pelican photos.