Peregrine Falcon Images, Facts and Information:
- Peregrine Falcons are large falcons with pointed wings, long tails, adults are blue-gray above and barred below. They have dark heads and well-defined mask.
- Peregrine Falcons nesting in areas with cliffs but they will also nest on man made structures like skyscrapers, bridges and other tall structures.
- Peregrine Falcons inhabit open areas of much of North America including coasts, tundra, the mountains in the west and savannas.
- The diet of Peregrine Falcons is mostly a wide variety of birds from small songbirds to birds as large as herons and cranes.
- They lay 2 to 5 eggs which take 29 to 3 days to hatch. The female incubates and they are monogamous.
- A group of falcons can be called a “bazaar”, “eyrie”, “stooping up” and a “tower” of falcons.
- Peregrine Falcons may live between 15 to 20 years.
I hope you enjoy viewing my Peregrine Falcon photos.