White-crowned Sparrow Images, Facts and Information:
- White-crowned Sparrows are one of the easier sparrow species to identify as adults because of the bold white and black stripes on their heads.
- During the winter White-crowned Sparrows appear over much of North America.
- Male White-crowned Sparrows do most of the singing, but sometimes females also sing.
- White-crowned Sparrows will come to bird feeders. They mainly eat seeds but during the summer they will eat caterpillars, wasps, beetles, and other insects.
- Female White-crowned Sparrows build their nests placed on or near the ground and will lay 4 to 6 eggs which take 11 to 14 days to hatch with the female doing the incubating. They can have between 1 to 3 broods a season.
- White-crowned Sparrows can live up to 13 years.
I hope you enjoy viewing my White-crowned Sparrow photos.