Alaska Basin Images and Information:
- Parts of the Alaska Basin trail/drive are in Beaverhead National Forest, Beaverhead County, Montana and other parts are in Targhee National Forest, Fremont County, Idaho
- Start the drive up near Rock Rock Pass Continental Divide sign heading north.
- The area has alpine meadows, coniferous forests, small tarns, slopes covered in sagebrush with plentiful wildflowers during the spring and summer.
- It offers great scenic views of the Centennial Valley plus the distant Centennial Mountain Range.
- Birds and wildlife can be found there.