A Flaming Hibiscus

Home/Close up, Florida/A Flaming Hibiscus

Flame HibiscusFlame Hibiscus

I’m lucky. As a photographer I can look at my images and in my mind travel through time to the memories I built when I created them This flame-colored Hibiscus takes me back to a warm, sunny day in Tampa at the USF Botanical Garden, for awhile when I look at this I can forget the fog building outside my window and the snow on the ground.

It was a happy day but THIS is a happy day too despite what the weather might hold.

*This was taken with a point and shoot camera, I don’t have the techs.

2016-12-07T12:12:12+00:00 February 7th, 2013|Categories: Close up, Florida|Tags: , , , |15 Comments

1. Karen Bonsell February 8, 2013 at 8:06 am

So beautiful! I think that is one of my favorite things about taking pictures also, being able to go back in memory to that exact day and moment. Not to mention being able to know exactly the date as well! Kind of a photographic diary!

• Mia McPherson February 9, 2013 at 6:11 am

Karen, I think our images are photographic diaries of our wanderings in nature! Thanks for your comments.

2. Julie Brown February 8, 2013 at 3:38 am

Lovely framing-the eye just follows the swirls into the center. Well said regarding how our photographs can take us back in time to where and when we created them.

3. M. Firpi February 7, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Mia, this is so breath taking, I live how you got so close to it and caught that beautiful spiral that they have. The Hibiscus are so varied, there are so many shapes, colors and forms. This is the opposite of what I posted today. Today I posted a very horrific scene, which nevertheless decided to post since it’s nature’s own process and one cannot get in the way of its reality.

• Mia McPherson February 9, 2013 at 6:09 am

Maria, I agree, Hibiscus come in so many colors & shapes, it is amazing.

4. Sally Wood February 7, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Holy cow! Fire flower! Looks like a flamenco dancers skirt. The spiral motive, color and embellishment are all displayed beautifully, Mia. Great mandala, too!

• Mia McPherson February 9, 2013 at 6:07 am

Thanks Sally, it does look like a fire flower!

5. Bob Bushell February 7, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Genius.

6. Merrill Ann Gonzales February 7, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Your image transports me back too…. to a another part of my life (long past). We had the largest hibiscus I have ever seen and when they bloomed against the stone walls it simply took your breath away. While mine were white with wine red center color, your image certainly gives the dynamics of the beauty they impart. Many thanks for this warm memory.

• Mia McPherson February 9, 2013 at 6:02 am

A pleasure Merrill, it is wonderful that images can evoke such lovely memories.

7. Sherry in MT February 7, 2013 at 7:26 am

That is indeed a warm feeling flower even if I didn’t see it in person!

• Mia McPherson February 9, 2013 at 6:00 am

Thanks Sherry, I thought it might bring a bit of color to our day!