Owl Images, Facts and Information:
Families: Strigidae, Tytonidae
- Owls are divided into two families: the Strigidae family and the Tytonidae family.
- Many owls are nocturnal and hunt at night but there are also diurnal owls who hunt at night and during the day.
- Owls have specialized flight feathers which allow them to fly silently.
- Owls have sharp talons, binocular vision and excellent hearing.
- Owls eat mammals, small birds, insects, reptiles and some eat fish.
- All owls have forward facing, large eyes and facial discs which help them locate sounds. Owls also have the ability to rotate their heads about 270 degrees.
I hope you enjoy viewing my owl photos.