Veterans Day 2014

Bald Eagle in flightBald Eagle in flight

Words will never fully be enough when I think about the sacrifices our Veterans have made for our country. Their lives and the lives of their families have been forever changed by serving. That includes my father, my son, other family members and my friends.

Thousands did not make home to be embrace into the loving arms of their family and friends and thousands have come home scarred both physically and mentally.

Every day 22 soldiers in the U.S. take their own lives because they give up the fight due to depression, unemployment, the failures of the Veterans Administration, combat stress, homelessness, despair and hopelessness. That is one soldier every 65 minutes and that is unacceptable.

Whether we agree with the war or not our veterans deserve our respect. They deserve better.

Thanks for serving.

1. Jane Chesebrough November 11, 2014 at 7:51 pm

Thank you. Well said. We need to support our veterans after they come home.

2. Mary McAvoy November 11, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Beautiful image to accompany your thoughts on the meaning and remembrances of this day. On behalf of my veteran father (WWII – Army) and mother (WWII – Marine Corps), now both deceased, and brother (Vietnam era – Army),
    thanks, Mia.
    Mary

3. Elephant's Child November 11, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Thank you.

4. Jolanta November 11, 2014 at 9:29 am

My beloved bird – Bald Eagle! Patriotic picture!

5. mike kutsch November 11, 2014 at 7:58 am

As a Vet. I say thank you mia. I am more proud of my son-in-law he has served 2 tours in Afghanistan and just got home from Irac in time to welcome his first child and my first grand child. Kate Hadly. May god bless the troops and may God bless the United States

6. SkyHawker4 November 11, 2014 at 8:35 am

Mia you always say what you say so eloquently.
    And Mike, thank you, and congratulations to you (first Grandchild) they are a true gift from God.
    God Bless our Vets every one and God Bless America land of the Free and Home of the Brave!

7. Lois Bryan November 11, 2014 at 7:13 am

Magnificent image and beautiful sentiment, Mia.