It Is Good To Realize…

Antelope Island Jimmy Carter Quote

It wasn’t very birdy yesterday on Antelope Island State Park but the views were spectacular and I simply felt good to be alive surrounded by the beauty. I found this view looking north from Antelope Island over the Great Salt Lake towards Promontory Point especially beautiful because of the warm colors of the land, the varying blues of the sky and the lake, the clouds and the light.

I hope the Great Salt Lake will be around forever but we need to take care of it now and in the future.  In fact we need to take care of all the nature that surrounds us.

Whether you agree or disagree with Jimmy Carter’s political beliefs I felt this quote suited this image well.

It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature’s gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. – Jimmy Carter

1. Utahbooklover September 29, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Love your image, the message, and Jimmy; what wonderful things he has done!

2. Elephant's Child September 28, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Both quote and scene are beautiful.
    Thank you.

3. Nicole Haller-Wilson September 28, 2015 at 11:25 am

I ❤️ Jimmy Carter!!!

4. Susan Stone September 28, 2015 at 8:35 am

Wonderful quote from one of my very favorite people. And beautiful scenery to go with it. I love the desert.

5. Cindy September 28, 2015 at 8:22 am

Such a beautiful photo, Mia and quote by Jimmy Carter. We are nothing without nature—we are nature. It is good to be alive, to feel the winds, to smell the ocean, to look upon the beautiful moon last night. Thank you, Mia for always making us appreciate life even more. You give us a great gift.

6. Dave Sparks September 28, 2015 at 7:35 am

The more times I visit your blog, the longer my bucket list grows.

7. Patty Chadwick September 28, 2015 at 7:32 am

That’s a beautiful combination of image and quotation…but the wisdom of the quotation makes me sad. It’s the “if” part. “If we can teach our children….” I am a retired Special Ed teacher who did my best to instill an appreciation of nature in my students, along with the required “other stuff”, but what I see now is a couple of generations who have little appreciation for, little understanding of, and little use for the beauty and value of much of anything in the natural world…wherever they are, whenever they can, their focus is on a small peice of plastic in the palm of their hands, that connects them continously to some other person with a small poece of plastic in the palm of their hand. They don’t look out the windows of their homes or their cars, they don’t look up at the sky or down at the earth. They don’t see, aren’y curious and don’t care. I find it very, very scary and depressing!

8. Nancy Collins September 28, 2015 at 6:48 am

Life is good Mia!

9. Liz Cormack September 28, 2015 at 6:28 am

Yes, the quote suits the photo……beautiful. Both the photo & the quote.