A Calico Heart on a Shell Covered Beach

/, Fort De Soto County Park, Pinellas County/A Calico Heart on a Shell Covered Beach

Calico HeartCalico Heart on a shell covered beach

I believe this is an Atlantic Giant Cockle shell which I found on the north beach of Fort De Soto County Park in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. That morning I was at Fort De Soto to take the ferry over to Egmont Key for one of my Florida Master Naturalist classes and even though I didn’t take many images of the shells on this beach I couldn’t resist the heart shape I saw in this beautiful shell. As much as I loved the beaches in Florida it felt symbolic to find a Calico heart on the sandy shore of the Gulf.

I hope that you all spend the day with people you love or simply doing what brings you joy.

2016-12-07T12:06:26+00:00 February 14th, 2016|Categories: Florida, Fort De Soto County Park, Pinellas County|12 Comments

1. Utahbooklover February 15, 2016 at 11:08 am

I also enjoy the Florida beaches and can’t resist picking up the pretty ones like this beauty.

2. Mia McPherson February 15, 2016 at 6:25 am

Thank you all for your comments on my Calico Heart, they are much appreciated.

3. Cindy February 14, 2016 at 1:12 pm

Gifts for the eyes to behold. Thank you for sharing, Mia. May you and yours have a relaxing, loving day. Thank you for always sharing your gits. 🙂

4. Elephant's Child February 14, 2016 at 12:02 pm

And to you.

5. Bob mcpherson February 14, 2016 at 10:24 am

Beautiful image Mia.Happy Valentines day to you also.

6. Patty Chadwick February 14, 2016 at 9:04 am

Happy Valentine Day to you, too, Mia. That’s a beautiful Valentine! I once found a perfect heart-shaped rock next to the great medicine wheel in Sheridan…I left it for others to discover…there are many “valentines” in nature if our eyes are open to seeing them….

7. Nancy Collins February 14, 2016 at 8:21 am

Love this Mia! Beautiful find and image! Happy Valentine’s Day!

8. Lois Bryan February 14, 2016 at 7:25 am

oh my goodness, Mia!!!! What an amazing find!!! So beautiful … wonderful colors, light and detail as always!!! Hope you have a lovely Valentine’s Day!!!!

9. Roger Burnard February 14, 2016 at 7:09 am

THIS IMAGE REMINDS ME OF AN AREA THAT I LOVE TO VISIT… I LIVE IN SARASOTA,
    SO FORT De SOTO IS NOT ALL THAT FAR AWAY FROM ME. I CAN IMAGINE THAT
    WHEN YOU LOOK BACK AT IMAGES YOU TOOK HERE IN FLORIDA, YOU ARE FLOODED
    WITH FOND MEMORIES FROM FORMER DAYS… KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, AND BY
    THE WAY… HAPPY VALENTINES DAY. MIA… ;-)))

• Mia McPherson February 14, 2016 at 7:20 am

Roger, I do look back very fondly on the time I spent in Florida photographing birds, wildlife and the spectacular scenery. It is easy to recall the warm sands, sea breezes and the tang of salt in the air.

Happy Valentine’s Day Roger!

10. Patty Neumueller February 14, 2016 at 7:08 am

Happy Valentine’s Day to you too, Mia! Thanks for your beautiful images and blog!