My Photographic Journal Featured in the University of Montana’s Crown of the Continent and Greater Yellowstone Magazine

A few months ago I was contacted by Susie Graetz who is the Managing Editor of the University of Montana’s Crown of the Continent and Greater Yellowstone e-Magazine, Susie wanted to feature my photos taken at Red Rock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge in the Art section of the magazine and I was sincerely honored by her request.

Colorful sunset at the Lower Lake of Red Rock Lakes NWR

Colorful sunset at the Lower Lake of Red Rock Lakes NWR

Susie wasn’t sure how she came to find my website but she was taken by my work. In her words:

I am so taken with your natural point of view, your lively prose, photos, love of the land and your subjects, and your passion for taking care of the incredible landscapes we work in. You truly are a breath of fresh air.

Susie sent me a mock up of what she wanted to share with the readers of the Crown of the Continent and Greater Yellowstone e-Magazine which included photos I have taken on the refuge and snippets of what I have written from posts I have done on my journeys to the refuge.

The magazine can be viewed and downloaded from here. I typically don’t announce publication of my work on my website but I am so honored to have my work included in Crown of the Continent and Greater Yellowstone e-Magazine that I decided to share this with my family, friends and all of the people who view my site.

I’m certain that those who view this edition of the Crown of the Continent and Greater Yellowstone e-Magazine will also enjoy the other fine articles in this publication, I know I certainly did. If you would like a free subscription please send an email to [email protected] and Susie will put you on their list.

Susie and her husband Rick Graetz are writers, photographers, publishers, and adventurers. Together they have written over 30 books about their love of Montana and of many other locations. This link includes some of those books.

Susie, thank you for featuring my work, I love how it turned out!

My work is shown starting on page 7 of the pdf file (page 13 of the magazine).

1. Pepe Forte July 24, 2018 at 10:16 am

In my mind it is the long overdue acknowledgement of one of the country’s best wildlife and bird photographers. Thanks to you we are always provided with stunning pics accompanied by well-written; informative narratives. You rock Mia. Congrats.

2. Anita Austin July 16, 2018 at 5:46 pm

So happy for you! I love your work and the natural feeling that it shows. You have a personal style that we don’t see much of anymore. So many photographers are so busy overblowing the colors that they look cartoonish.
    Your work is subtle and captivating. Your pictures and words blend together to share your view of the natural world around us. You deserve the exposure. Thanks for sharing your world with us.🦉

3. Elephants Child July 16, 2018 at 2:08 pm

HUGE congratulations. Well deserved.

4. Ken Schneider July 16, 2018 at 1:56 pm

A spectacular landscape, and praise is richly deserved, Mia!

5. Larry Muench July 16, 2018 at 12:24 pm

Wonderful magazine and a great photo-essay, Mia. Really well done. Congrats!

6. Laura July 16, 2018 at 12:21 pm

Congratulations! Very well deserved. Your beautiful images always brighten up my day and make me want to visit the areas.

7. April Olson July 16, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Congratulations!

8. Glen Fox July 16, 2018 at 12:01 pm

Congratulations Mia,
    Its a great honour, and I’m sure, a source of satisfaction to see your photographs and writing in this beautiful publication. You are a gifted artist, photographer, writer, naturalist, and educator. Someday I hope you will pen a book illustrated with your photographs. Your daily posts take all your viewers “splorin” with you. That is a wonderful gift! Then there is that passionate, protective, and if necessary, combative side of you fuelled by your love of justice, the land and all that dwells therein, and for your country.

You can be proud of who and what you are Mia; I’m sure your mother is. Thank you for all that you do, and for letting us share it.

9. Marty K July 16, 2018 at 10:08 am

Congratulations! I echo the others’ comments of this being a well-deserved accolade! 🙂

10. Charles Karaian July 16, 2018 at 10:06 am

Congratulations. You truly do amazing work.

11. Laura Ganz July 16, 2018 at 10:01 am

Congratulations, Mia!

12. Kathy Hunt July 16, 2018 at 9:19 am

Congratulations! I follow you on Facebook, your photos and writings have helped me learn about and identify birds. Looking forward to looking at the publication as I live in eastern Idaho and make it to Yellowstone a couple of times a year. Thank you and again congratulations.

13. Patty Chadwick July 16, 2018 at 9:01 am

What a BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL magazine!!! How exciting to be part of it!!!!

14. Patty Chadwick July 16, 2018 at 8:55 am

I can only echo Susie Graetz’s and David Spark’s comments…I am sooooo proud of you!!!…and so respectful,appreciative, and grateful for the work you do and the warrior woman that you are….

15. Jane Chesebrough July 16, 2018 at 8:53 am

Kudos, a beautifully presented journal and book.

16. David Sparks July 16, 2018 at 8:28 am

Congratulations Mia. Well deserved recognition of your devotion to nature photography and nature conservation.

17. Ian Holland July 16, 2018 at 7:43 am

Congratulations! You certainly deserve it!

18. Liz Cormack July 16, 2018 at 7:00 am

Congratulations! Well deserved!

19. Bob mcpherson July 16, 2018 at 6:51 am

Congratulations, Mia a respectable accomplishment.

20. Kim July 16, 2018 at 6:19 am

Congratulations! Beautiful images as always and an exceptional publication!

21. Marty Snyder July 16, 2018 at 6:11 am

Thrilling to see this image, it brings to life that amazing area. Here I am on the eastern edge of the continent (Nova Scotia), but my heart and my family are in Montana and Utah. This is a terrific honour for you, and well deserved! No need to hesitate to let us know of your work being sent out to a broader audience, it makes me very happy to see this!

22. suzanne Mcdougal July 16, 2018 at 5:18 am

Well deserved attention to your work, and it turned out to be so lovely. Congratulations! I am always in awe of your unique view of the world.