Flying Straight into the New Year

A Barn Owl flying straight aheadA Barn Owl flying straight ahead

This Barn Owl seems to be flying straight into the New Year and that is what I am doing. Spreading my wings and facing what comes at me head on.

Right now 2016 is a sheaf of blank pages waiting for us to create the daily stories of our journeys through life. I’m excited to see what this year will bring.

Happy New Year!

Techs for the Barn Owl image: Nikon D810, f6.3, 1/2000, ISO 500, +0.3 EV, Nikkor 500mm VR with 1.4x TC, natural light, not baited, Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge, Box Elder County, Utah

1. Stu January 2, 2016 at 2:02 pm

Superlative Images Mia. AND excellent narrative. Just Perfect. As countless others have said. your images, comfort , inspire and inform us all about Nature’s creatures. You constantly surpass your own perfection in photography. The Owl in flight image is just perfect. Thank you for bringing us these masterpieces of Wildlife and Nature.

2. Molly January 1, 2016 at 6:36 pm

Happy New Year, Mia.

3. Deena Caniff January 1, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Mia, I love all of the beautiful images you put before us every day. They are just wonderful and your informative messages teach each and every one of us so much. You teach us about the flora and fauna that surrounds us all, and even about rocks and ice circles. WOW!!!

Thank you again . I hope that you will be around to teach for a long time.

Deena

4. Catherine Berruyer January 1, 2016 at 12:10 pm

Good shot ! Yes let’s go right ahead ! I hope things will get better this year

5. Elephant's Child January 1, 2016 at 11:41 am

I hope your course is as straight, true (and beautiful) as the owl’s.

6. Patty Chadwick January 1, 2016 at 10:54 am

Beautiful! Love how the owl’s wings echo your copyyright logo….Happy New Year…thanks for another year of information and wonderful pictures!!!

7. April Olson January 1, 2016 at 10:43 am

Happy New Year and wishing you many more wonderful birding days to come!

8. Wally January 1, 2016 at 10:41 am

What a great image to enjoy as we begin a New Year!

Thank you so much, Mia, for continuing to share your considerable talent! Sorry to have been so sporadic in commenting lately. Life occasionally interferes with photography and blogging.

Wally In Florida – 86 Degrees

9. Cindy January 1, 2016 at 11:00 am

Mia, you bring so much to our lives with your beautiful images and information. My dream is to see an owl. Hard to get out and about with my husband’s illness but one day maybe. May you and yours have a peaceful year doing what you love the best.

10. Rick Remington January 1, 2016 at 8:22 am

Happy New Year Mia! Your images and passion are an inspiration to me. Keep up the great work and I look forward to sharing all your wonderful wildlife encounters in 2016!

Rick

11. Glen Fox January 1, 2016 at 6:01 am

Happy New Year Mia! Thank you so much for sharing your terrific images, passion and concerns with us so freely. May your 2016 be another great one!

And, Whoopee, Winter has finally come to eastern Canada!

• Mia McPherson January 1, 2016 at 6:03 am

Thank you and Happy New Year Glen! I am glad winter has finally arrived for you!

12. Bob Mcpherson January 1, 2016 at 5:29 am

Beautiful image, Mia. Love the Owl photos. Head on is best approach.