Juvenile Red-tailed Hawk Giving Me the Eye

/, Box Elder County, Red-tailed Hawks, Utah/Juvenile Red-tailed Hawk Giving Me the Eye

Red-tailed Hawk juvenile giving me the EyeRed-tailed Hawk juvenile giving me the Eye- Nikon D500, f8, 1/800, ISO 400, -0.3 EV, natural light, not baited

Some of you may have noticed that my site was down for over five hours yesterday, it was caused by a hardware failure on my server and then a problem with the database that makes my site run. I was simply taking a break and enjoying my lunch when the failure happened and then I spent hours trying to get things fixed. I still have things I need to fix on the server so I am keeping this short and sweet.

Any plans I had for the day flew out the window and to say that my feathers were ruffled yesterday afternoon is putting it mildly.

This juvenile Red-tailed Hawk may have looked like it was giving me the eye when I photographed it but it was actually looking for one of its parents to bring it some food.

Life is good. Complicated at times but still good.

1. LSClemens August 9, 2017 at 8:03 pm

Beautiful shot! So crisp & clean.

2. Elephants Child August 9, 2017 at 5:06 pm

Love that photo. And if I were its parent I would bring food. Quickly.
    Sigh on the tech front. Wonderful when they work. And a complete aggravation when they don’t.

3. Pepe Forte August 9, 2017 at 11:55 am

Holy cow! What an extraordinary shot! The hawks eye is a study in intensity. Depth, detail and color…it’s all there. Thanks Mia.

4. Patty Chadwick August 9, 2017 at 10:48 am

These things hate us! I know mine does…nice close up, though….good luck with your gear…mine is beyond hope…

5. Charles Karaian August 9, 2017 at 9:03 am

I spent at least 30 minutes daily fighting my tech. This is truly a non-value added activity. Condolences.

6. Laura Culley August 9, 2017 at 7:50 am

What a gloriously beautiful image/redtail! Thank you for sharing that this morning.
    As for the computer issues, I do NOT envy you one bit. Computers are evil beings, but I’m sure you’ll have the server whipped into submission shortly. Or at least I HOPE you don’t have to spend the entire day getting it sorted out again. There ae so many other things, beautiful things, you can be doing instead!