In The City For Too Long

/, Daggett County, Utah/In The City For Too Long

Ashley National Forest ViewAshley National Forest View – Nikon D200, f8, 1/1250, ISO 400, +0.3 EV, Nikkor 18-200mm at 18 mm, natural light

I haven’t felt well this week so I haven’t been getting out shooting and as my readers can imagine that means I am getting cabin fever. Bad cabin fever.

But it is more than that. I haven’t really been in the “wild” for a while either. The summer heat and high temps have made me feel lethargic plus the bird activity slows down this time of the year too. I’m longing for cooler temps, the fresh air of the mountains and winding roads where you can go as slow as you want to soak up the magnificent views.

This was one of those roads in the Ashley National Forest near Flaming Gorge National Monument where you can slow down and recharge on our public lands. It is worth the trip if you have never been there.

Maybe I have the summer doldrums. I am not sure, but I know I will be glad to get back out shooting again.

2016-12-07T12:05:46+00:00 August 18th, 2016|Categories: Ashley National Forest, Daggett County, Utah|Tags: , , , , |9 Comments

1. Jane Chesebrough August 18, 2016 at 6:58 pm

The days are getting shorter, we have a shower or thunderstorm every afternoon, and as pretty as fall is, I know it is just around the corner meaning this will be over soon.That makes me feel a little blue.Without my car I miss the trips outof the city but make due with the parks I can get to, ensuing the help of friends with transportation when I can.Maybe the best siting is the next one….Enjoy!

2. Carol Mattingly August 18, 2016 at 6:14 pm

I could have written this post Mia. I have been feeling exactly the same way for weeks. Summer heat and constant rain showers daily. It just makes getting out a battle much less to shoot photographs. Hang in there, Fall is coming. Carol

3. Patty Chadwick August 18, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Sorry you haven’t been feeling well…hope you haven’t been having a flare-up, especially in this Summer’s heat…it’s been pretty bad here, too….

4. Elephant's Child August 18, 2016 at 1:54 pm

I hope you find your way back to your spiritual home soon. Very soon.

5. M. Bruce August 18, 2016 at 10:50 am

Sorry Mia, but the heat will do that to the best of us. I just spent three days chasing birds and other wonderful creatures all around Point Reyes National Seashore and I’m betting that the coastal fog would have instantly cured you. I’ll see if I can ship you some. 🙂

6. April Olson August 18, 2016 at 8:04 am

I hope you are out about soon. I would love a good soaking downpour.

7. Liz Cormack August 18, 2016 at 7:14 am

And here I thought it was only me having the summer doldrums. Fall would be a welcome respite from the heat & humidity here in Ontario.

8. pennypinchadventure Tim Traver August 18, 2016 at 7:03 am

Know the feeling.
    Back East it’s the heat of “dog days” that gets us all lethargic and restless for a change. A fair lament though in Vermont — because by mid-August the first cold nights and fogs of fall descend. Hope to see your birds again soon!

9. Bob McPherson August 18, 2016 at 6:59 am

Beautiful photo Mia. Hope you an get back out soon.