Stopped for a Buck in the Road

/, Davis County, Pronghorn, Utah/Stopped for a Buck in the Road

Pronghorn buck near Ladyfinger PointPronghorn buck near Ladyfinger Point – Nikon D810, f10, 1/800, ISO 400, -0.3 EV, Nikkor 500mm VR with 1.4x TC, natural light

Yesterday morning I photographed this Pronghorn buck in the road near Ladyfinger Point on Antelope Island State Park as he stood next to the double yellow lines. I don’t normally like this much of the “hand of man” to be visible in my images but this photo stood out to me and I can’t quite put a finger on why it does. But that is okay with me because images touch people in different ways. Man touches nature and nature touches us.

2016-12-07T12:07:17+00:00September 19th, 2015|Categories: Antelope Island State Park, Davis County, Pronghorn, Utah|Tags: , , , , , |8 Comments

1. Kathy Hunt September 19, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Beautiful photo! I like the nature with the man made in this photo but the first thing I noticed was shadow. Pronghorns have become my favorite animal. Btw, I really like your blog, learning so much from you.

2. Joan Carey September 19, 2015 at 2:07 pm

What struck me most of this image I think is that this beautiful creature is in a position of being at the mercy of a driver & vehicle. In my mind I am seeing in his eyes, a trust that he is safe & you will do him no harm. Love it.

3. Elephant's Child September 19, 2015 at 1:58 pm

What a stunner. Nature touches us in much more impressive ways than we it.

4. Mary September 19, 2015 at 11:24 am

The buck runs as fast as 35 miles per hour. The road reminds us that we can do that, and more, but only with a machine!

5. Cindy September 19, 2015 at 8:08 am

It’s difficult to escape mans presence as in the owl image and this one. There seems to be a melancholy to his face and his shadow precedes him. Beautiful golden foliage, fur and line. 🙂

6. Bob Mcpherson September 19, 2015 at 7:44 am

Awesome photo Mia, It really touches me. Nature and man coexisting on a surreal plane. (Cant believe I said that).
    pls take a bow and a curtsy.

7. Patty Chadwick September 19, 2015 at 6:43 am

Like your “related” shots, too…I always check them out….

8. Patty Chadwick September 19, 2015 at 6:41 am

Such a big, solid-looking body, held up by those skinny, spindly legs…doesn’t seem possible! At least you didn’t “pass the buck”!