A female Northern Harrier in flight

A female Northern Harrier in flightA female Northern Harrier in flight – Nikon D810, f6.3, 1/2500, ISO 400, +0.7 EV, Nikkor 500mm VR with 1.4x TC, natural  light, not baited

I know that everyone’s life gets crazy at times. We run into bumps, hit walls, get thrown curve balls, stuff hits a fan or rolls down hill. I’ve been there, done that and would appreciate it tremendously if that fabled silver lining in the clouds showed itself a bit more. Over a period of several months I have battled idiots trying to bring down my server (under control now) and put up with a forced Windows update that messed with my old computer which caused me to want to yank out my hair. And that says a lot because those close to me know I spent nearly two years nearly lockless because of an illness.

But… things seem to be leveling out now much like this female Northern Harrier in flight that I photographed along the causeway to Antelope Island State Park in northern Utah in mid January. It is just a simple image, one subject against a pale blue sky. Given life’s complexities sometimes simple is just what I need.

And maybe now I will get caught up with culling and more importantly answering emails where my replies are long overdue.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day.

1. Utahbooklover March 17, 2015 at 4:46 pm

And Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you Mia. We appreciate your daily blog and wonderful images through the ups and downs of your life you have shared with us. We all get our share of adversity yet life is good, as you often write, and does get better in many ways with each decade (I’m now on my seventh) although there are some tradeoffs.

2. Elephant's Child March 17, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Power, grace, style.
    I hope life’s curve-balls straighten out for you. Soon.

3. Charlotte Engstad March 17, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Absolutely phantastic photos! I am so happy I found your blog and I am looking forward to following it!

4. Susan Stone March 17, 2015 at 10:40 am

Gorgeous photo! And I second Patty Chadwick’s comment.

5. Patty Neumueller March 17, 2015 at 10:17 am

Hi Mia, sure hope things keep leveling out for you and you have smooth sailing ahead!

6. Patty Chadwick March 17, 2015 at 9:15 am

Mia, Mia, Mia! You DON’T HAVE TO REPLY to OUR comments! WE are doing the replying!!! Your beautiful photos and comments are how you communicate to us…our comments are how we reply/respond to you! Answer questions, yes, but, PLEASE don’t SHOULD on yourself…thinking you have to respond to each of us every time!!!

7. Carroll Tarvin March 17, 2015 at 9:07 am

I am so grateful that you continue to acknowledge that “Life is good.” Your naturally beautiful photographs certainly do make that statement daily and remind me of the need to soar above our circumstances on occasion. Thank you Mia.

8. Jorge H. Oliveira March 17, 2015 at 9:04 am

Yes I understand very well what you mean and I am very happy that you overcome that battle.
    Simplicity is the answer not sometimes but always.
    Thank you for your great work on behalf of Mother Nature.

9. Nancy Collins March 17, 2015 at 7:56 am

Simply a gorgeous bird! Nice Mia!