American White Pelican in a fog at Red Rock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge

/, Beaverhead County, Birds, Centennial Valley, Montana, Red Rock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge/American White Pelican in a fog at Red Rock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge

American White Pelican in a fog at Red Rock Lakes National Wildlife RefugeAmerican White Pelican in a fog at Red Rock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge – Nikon D200, f5.6, 1/500, ISO 400, +0.3 EV, Nikkor 200-400mm VR with 1.4x TC at 400mm, natural light

This American White Pelican image was taken on my first camping trip to Red Rock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge and even though the light was awful I couldn’t resist photographing the small group of pelicans fishing just below the dam in the heavy fog. It was quiet and the turmoils of the world outside the Centennial Valley seemed to disappear. Plus, I like seeing birds and animals in the fog.

Without my primary camera in my hands I sort of feel like I am in a different kind of fog. My D810 is still with Nikon and its status changed late Friday evening to “Parts Hold” so I called Nikon and asked how long they expected the delivery of the parts to take but it was so late that the customer support person said she would have to call me back today to let me know.

Life is good. Right?

1. April Olson October 5, 2015 at 11:36 pm

I feel your pain, my Nikon was not repairable. I still have not replaced it and miss it dearly. I am using a point and shoot until I save enough to buy what I want.

2. Elephant's Child October 5, 2015 at 1:01 pm

Love your foggy pelican.
    Fingers and toes crossed your camera comes back to you. Soon.

3. Patty Chadwick October 5, 2015 at 9:01 am

If Nikon had any clue how many people you reach, they might be a bit concerned about the rate of service being rendered on your camera…for a VERY minor repair….

4. Liz Cormack October 5, 2015 at 8:03 am

I love fog photos & this photo proves why I do……love it!

5. Cindy October 5, 2015 at 7:35 am

Ethereal pelican and Mia, all good things come in time. 🙂 (Trying to make you feel better) Thank you again.

6. Patty Chadwick October 5, 2015 at 6:50 am

A lovely, soft image…like an oriental print. Beautiful and serene. Camera situation the complete opposite…what the heck is so time consuming about replacing a rubber gasket or grip??? What’s with the service department of these guys anyway??? Ridiculous!!!

7. [email protected] October 5, 2015 at 6:39 am

Beautiful photo, Mia. Surrealistic.
    Sucks on the camera, maybe its your lucky day!!!